The Qualicum – Graham Park Community Association was officially incorporated on April 23, 1992 (Ontario Corporation Number: 972931). Under the articles of incorporation the following corporation objectives were listed:
The establishment and maintenance of a community association for the purposes of:
- developing and fostering community spirit;
- promoting organized athletics, arts, recreation, education, civic emergency, social service, and other community endeavours;
- promoting educational, recreational and athletic facilities and equipment for benefit to the community;
- establishing and maintaining a community home;
- advancing the interests of the residents of Qualicum – Graham Park;
- carrying on research and investigation into problems connected with the ownership and devlopment of real property in the community;
- representing the community to promote, to protect, and to advance the community interests in all respects including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, appearing before all councils, government bodies, boards of education, corporations, associates and groups;
and such other complementary purposes not inconsistent with these objectives.
The listed special provisions of incorporation are as follows:
- For the purpose of the objectives of the corporation, accept gifts, donations and bequests.
- The corporation shall be carried on without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other accretions to the corporation shall be used in promoting its objectives.
The Incorporation Document (pdf): incorporation